The Ohio Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance includes different divisions which have been developed to promote disciplinary and interdisciplinary learning in the core disciplines represented by members of the Association. The Divisions will promote professional development programs and workshops for their specific membership throughout the year. In addition, the divisions are responsible for encouraging presentations at the Annual Convention within each specific discipline. The recreation division will host a Therapeutic Recreation track at the annual conference as a CEU opportunity for Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or other professions interested in Recreational Therapy interventions.
Each division and its chair shall also serve as state-wide advocates for curriculum, public policy, and policies which affect the disciplines represented by its membership.
If you are interested in contacting the chair of the Recreation division, contact Sue Sutherland.
- Jan. 31-Feb. 3: Michigan Rec. and Park Assn. Conference, Grand Rapids, MI
- Feb. 12-15: Ohio Parks and Rec. Assoc. Annual Conference, Kalahari Resorts, Sandusky, OH
- March 14-18: Shape America, Boston, MA
- March 31: UT Recreation Therapy Workshop, Toledo, OH
- April 12-14: Southeast RT Symposium, Savannah, GA
- April 19-21: Midwest TR Recreation & Adapted Activity, St. Louis, MO
- June 6-9: Pennsylvania TR Institute, Lancaster, PA
- August 26-28: 2017 TR Institute, Orlando, FL
- Sept. (Dates will be forthcoming): ATRA Annual Conference, Orlando, FL
Links and Resources
Recreation and Leisure Studies Degree Information
Recreation Division Leadership
University of Toledo Ranked #1 Among Best Value Parks and Recreation Degree Programs
University of Toledo has been identified as having one of the best value bachelor's degrees in parks, recreation and leisure studies in our recent ranking. The ranking considered tuition, financial aid, return on investment, and the number of minors, concentrations, or areas of emphases offered.
University of Toledo was ranked #1.
The Recreational Therapy program at University of Toledo is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions and offers concentrations in pre-occupational therapy, therapeutic arts, geriatrics, pediatrics, and communication.
The article and a high resolution award badge can be found here:
College Values Online’s mission is to provide assistance in selecting the best college for each individual situation by offering rankings of schools and various degree programs, in addition to information on numerous career options from a value perspective.